Saturday, August 22, 2009

Becoming Thrifty

We've had some big change lately with the move to Montana. One of the biggest changes is that we do not have access to a good cheap grocery store. There's an IGA in town (I start working there Monday) but the products are limited and a little more pricey than a main grocery line. Thus, we have to diligently plan ahead to make sure we have the staples necessary to keep us going for 2-4 weeks at a time. With this we also needed to cut back on spending, which has been easier in areas such as dining out. To help supplement, we are cutting coupons and checking out new thrifty ways to help stretch the dollar. Currently, I've entered a drawing (recommended by Jillian) that will award a $250 gift card to help vamp up the pantry. This is a big concern since it may be up to 6 or 8 weeks before we can make it to the store in the winter. If you're interested, visit the following link: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2009/08/250-grocery-store-gift-card-giveaway.html/comment-page-6#comment-21534 Also, check out the coupon pages on the right. You will need to download a coupon printer program for free to help the coupons print. Good Luck with your savings and thrifty spending, :)

1 comment:

The Prudent Homemaker said...

A well-stocked pantry really helps.

We rarely see snow here, but I can go 6-8 weeks before I can go to the store as well. Having a good pantry is important!