Thursday, May 31, 2007

Memorial Weekend

(Kaylei and daddy on daddy's birthday 4/29)

Kaylei took her first big overnight trip on memorial day weekend. We went to Cascade and Boise for the long weekend. We left Friday afternoon and made it all the way to Riggins before we needed to stop and feed. We had one incident the way down. We had been listening to a Moscow radio station that was about out of range so the volume was turned way up. I decided to put in a CD as we approached a construction zone. The music blarred so loud I jumped out of my seat, and apparently woke Kaylei out of deep sleep resulting in a WAILING baby! Good thing we were stopped for construction. I crawled in the back and pulled her out of the car seat and comforted her for almost ten minutes! She was not a happy camper.

All of Kaylei's relatives were happy to see her. We stayed at Grandma Hinck's house in Cascade. Kaylei didn't get a chance to relax as she was passed from one relative to the next. She didn't sleep well at night either as Grandma's house is much colder than she's used to, so she ended up snuggling with me and Troy thus we didn't sleep much either.

We returned on Sunday evening giving us Monday to recuperate. We sleep all day in between meals and feedings. I don't think I even got dressed! It was quite the experience for both baby and me. I don't think we'll be travelling for a little while.

No comments: